We improve communities, strengthen neighborhoods, and stabilize lives by providing quality housing for people with limited resources.
Who We Are
York Area Housing Group provides quality housing for people with limited resources. It is the umbrella organization for, but not limited to, the following companies:
- Cloverfield-Kingston House, a nonprofit 501(C)(3) owner of two apartment buildings for elderly and disabled households;
- Delphia Management Corporation, a management company specializing in managing property regulated by HUD (Section 8, HOME), USDA Rural Development, and Low-Income Housing Tax Credits programs;
- York Area Development Corporation, a Community Housing Development Organization (CHDO) and nonprofit 501(C)(3) established to develop for-sale and rental housing; and
- York Housing Development Corporation, a nonprofit created in 1971 to develop housing opportunities in the York County community.
York Area Housing Group is a relatively new name for us. It serves as our “umbrella company”. We are hoping that by using this name, people realize the depth and breadth of our agency. When reading the names listed below, you may recognize the names of more than one of our companies – but you may never have known that they are “related”. York Area Housing Group consists of the following companies:
- 381 Associates
- Affordable Housing Partners, Inc.
- AHP, Inc.
- Cloverfield-Kingston House
- Delphia House Associates
- Delphia House Corporation
- Delphia Management Corporation
- York Area Development Corporation
- York Housing Development Corporation
For an explanation of the inter-relationships, ownership interests, etc., click here for a listing of related companies.
Through all the companies mentioned above, we have developed or co-developed over 500 homes and/or apartments throughout York County. Coincidentally, we proudly provide housing to approximately 500 individuals on an annual basis.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I learn about buying one of the homes you are selling?
Are you accepting applications to rent your apartments?
Yes, we are accepting applications to rent at all of the sites we own and/or manage.
If I am interested in applying at more than one site, do I need to complete multiple applications?
We have one combined application (or pre-application) for all of our subsidized sites and another application for our non-subsidized sites.
If I apply to rent one of your apartments, how long must I wait?
This varies by location and bedroom size of some of our locations. From the time we receive a completed application, it could be six or more months before you are contacted about a vacant apartment. Each location maintains its own waitlist and the time on the waitlist varies from site to site.
Is there a fee to apply for an apartment?
No, we do not require a payment/fee.
How is my rent determined?
Tenant rent for the non-subsidized sites is as posted. Tenant rent for the subsidized sites is based on 30% of your adjusted gross household income.
Will you check my credit?
Yes, credit checks and other background checks are completed during the tenant selection process, as stated in our Tenant Selection Plans.
If I own my home, must I sell it before I apply for an apartment?
No, you do not have to sell it prior to applying for an apartment or after you are approved. If you continue to own your home, income from the property must be included when calculating your rent. If you do not have an income from the property, an adjusted value will be considered an asset.
What is the maximum value of assets (such as, but not limited to) checking, savings, pension, home) I may own to be eligible to live in an apartment?
There is no limit on assets; however, income from the asset is included in income.
Do you allow pets?
We only allow pets at Cloverfield-Kingston House, Delphia House Apartments, and Green Meadow Apartments.
Do you allow smoking in the apartments?
Our buildings are smoke-free, including individual apartments. Smoking is permitted outside in accordance with property guidelines. Designated smoking areas are established at Cloverfield-Kingston House, Delphia House, and Green Meadow Apartments.
Do you offer any wait list preferences, such as a preference for being homeless?
Our applicants are served on a first-come, first-serve basis at all our sites. The Dutch Kitchen has separate wait lists for homeless and non-homeless and gives preference to those on the homeless list.
Do the properties you lease have elevators or laundry facilities?
There are elevators at Cloverfield-Kingston House (both locations), Delphia House Apartments, Dutch Kitchen and Green Meadow Apartments. All of these locations, in addition to Highland Manor Apartments, provide laundry facilities.
Are you affiliated with the Housing Authority?
We are not a subsidiary or sister company of the Housing Authority, although we do partner with that agency in approving tenants for 50 of the 59 rooms at the Dutch Kitchen.
Board of Directors
York Area Housing Group is directed by a Board of Directors. Members provide the York Area Housing Group with expertise in areas including, but not limited to, addressing property needs and expansion, fiscal responsibility, human resources, public relations, provision of services, risk assessment, and strategic planning. Members represent a cross section of the community. One-third of Board membership must be residents of low-income neighborhoods, low-income community residents, or elected representatives of low-income neighborhoods in York City/County.
Shane Patterson, M&T Bank
- First Vice Chair
Julie Rosenau, CGA Law Firm
- Second Vice Chair
Kenneth Watts, SpiriTrust Lutheran
Casey Darling-Horan, York/Adam MH-IDD
- Assistant Secretary
Judy McKee, Retired Lutheran Pastor
Teresa Gregory, Traditions Mortgage
- Assistant Treasurer
Chad Bumbaugh, Stambaugh Ness
- Tiena Blouse, Community Progress Council, Inc.
- John Flinchbaugh, CGA Law Firm
- AliceAnne Frost, City of York; It’s About Change
- Linda Gorter, Big Brothers Big Sisters of York and Adam Counties
- Aaron Grimm, Borough of Hanover
- Kraig Hursh, Leadership York; Realtor, Berkshire Hathaway
- Elizabeth Kepner, BAE Systems
- Kristen Pittman, RHI Magnesita
- Mark Shermeyer, SAA architects
- Nicole Smith, City of York Bureau of Health
- Cheryl Yerger, Berkshire Hathaway Homesale Realty